(F)LOSS stock trading?

kreyren at rixotstudio.cz kreyren at rixotstudio.cz
Thu Feb 18 07:23:02 UTC 2021

On 2/17/21 4:32 PM, Bernhard E. Reiter wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Am Donnerstag 04 Februar 2021 03:25:22 schrieb Jacob Hrbek:
>> Looking for a (F)LOSS alternative to Robinhood
>> [<https://robinhood.com/us/en/>]
> a software product could be the app, but for real transactions to work,
> you'd need a broker (some sort of banking service).
>
> It would be quite cool, if there were more  Free Software apps for banking
> services that work with several banking providers and services.
> This would need an open standard that those apps and banks provide.
> (Maybe there is one already?)
>
> A search on fdroid at least find one Free Software client:
> https://f-droid.org/de/packages/com.liato.bankdroid/
>
> Hmm overall it seems a long way to get applications in source code
> that do stock trading like email application can connect to many email
> providers.
>
> Best Regards,
> Bernhard
> --
> FSFE -- Founding Member     Support our work for Free Software:
> blogs.fsfe.org/bernhard     https://fsfe.org/donate | contribute
> participants are kindly asked to be excellent to each other:
> https://fsfe.org/about/codeofconduct

I am not aware of an open standard for the implementation, but i would
think that defining one would open the door for these implementations.

About the broker note
https://community.fsfe.org/t/f-loss-stock-trading-software/593/3 where i
believe that the application could be federated with option for the
end-user to switch the broker on demand as needed.

--
- Krey