FSFE-defined coding standards?

kreyren at rixotstudio.cz kreyren at rixotstudio.cz
Mon Feb 15 19:38:56 UTC 2021

On 2/15/21 1:52 PM, Erik Albers wrote:
> On 15.02.21 07:27, kreyren at rixotstudio.cz wrote:
>> On 2/14/21 10:35 PM, Reinhard Müller wrote:
>>> Just for the sake of completeness:

>>> AFAICT, the only person who claims that there is a group "FSFE-Czechia"
>>> and calling yourself the coordinator of that group is you. Please stop
>>> this. It doesn't help anything.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> --
>>> Reinhard Müller * Financial Team
>>> Free Software Foundation Europe

>>> participants are kindly asked to be excellent to each other:
>>> https://fsfe.org/about/codeofconduct
>> Group approved by eal to my knowledge
> absolutely disagree! I told you that in order to create a local group, you
> should start to publicly announce meetings on the fsfe infrastructure with the
> aim of creating a local group in Czechia and held these meetings in public.
> There you get to know other fsfe people, you find a transparent working mode
> and a project to work on and regularly invite new members on our
> infrastructure to join the group. And then, once you decided as a group
> _together_ to exist and to work further, to vote on a coordinator and a
> vice-coordinator together, then you can call it a new local group.
>
> There is no way for you to go around our procedures and call yourself alone an
> offical FSFE Czechia. Please stop this.
>
> Best,
>    Erik
>
> --
> No one shall ever be forced to use non-free software
> Erik Albers | Programme Manager & Communication | FSFE
> OpenPGP Key-ID: 0x8639DC81 on keys.gnupg.net
> participants are kindly asked to be excellent to each other:
> https://fsfe.org/about/codeofconduct

For the record i went through the process.

i've contacted FSFE about creating the local group and scheduled call
with erik which took around an hour where he explicitly said that the
group is approved on which i followed up with a plan.

On the call we were discussing that this exact scenario where FSFE
disputes the group status can't happen, because it would mean that the
group would lost it's members and the work that has been done on it
would be wasted.

It happened anyway so he either didn't listen the whole time, didn't
care or knew this would happen and did it intentionally.

Now i lost around 2 months of my life working on this (me and group
members were working on this before the group was requested) and around
21 members while looking like an idiot to everyone wishing i never sent
the request.

FWIW this is the most hostile working environments that i've been in 8
years. Everyone but floriansnow just seems to hate me the first day i've
joined while not caring about me, czechia or anything i do.

I hope it will change one day and i will be looking forward to that day,
but for now i no longer want to be affiliated with FSFE.

--
- Krey