cfp about:freedom for this year's online CCC

Erik Albers eal at fsfe.org
Mon Nov 16 17:23:26 UTC 2020

Hi all,

the Chaos Communication Congress has become an important event in the last
years to spread FSFE's mission and message. Over the years, we have created
our own cluster called about:freedom [1] with many other civil society
organisations and organised our own lecture series.

This year - surprise - the congress will take place online. Or, better said,
online and physically decentralized: a global stream can be followed online,
but there will also be satellite events in several major cities. Together with
the Open Infrastructure Orbit, about:freedom will curate a "common" stage
(without an audience!) in Berlin, Munich and Monheim. Speakers will be able to
give their presentation live or pre-record it and just be online only for Q&A.

For the FSFE I would like to see many topics about Free Software and its big
picture being submitted and selected. You can find the Call for Participation
here and you are welcome to distribute it:
https://oio.social/de/2020/10/30/cfp-oio-about-freedomrc3.html

Deadline is Monday the 23.11.

Thank you very much and best regards,
   Erik

[1] https://events.ccc.de/congress/2019/wiki/index.php/Assembly:About:freedom

--
No one shall ever be forced to use non-free software
Erik Albers | Programme Manager & Communication | FSFE