Best video conferencing/distance learning tools?

Carsten Agger agger at modspil.dk
Mon May 4 08:23:11 UTC 2020

On 02.05.2020 00.34, Paul Boddie wrote:
> On Thursday 30. April 2020 20.39.01 Carsten Agger wrote:
>> I'm thinking og buying a low-power-consumption but powerful computer to
>> set up as a video conferencing/communication server at home as a
>> contribution to a very apparent need and as an alternative to FaceTime,
>> Zoom and whatever.
> I would be interested to know what hardware choice you make, in fact.

In the end, what I could get was not a smart "small box" PC, but a
small-ish traditional Dell stationary with four cores and 12GB of RAM, I
believe an i7.

Thanks to everyone for the feedback! My BBB instance is now running, and
for now everyone who wants can register as a user. Feel free to test it
and also to use it:

https://bigbluebutton.modspil.dk/b

If bandwidth starts becoming an issue at some point, I might close off
new registrations and make it invitation only, we'll see.

Best
Carsten