nitter equivalent for telegram

Dmitry Alexandrov dag at gnui.org
Wed Jun 10 17:26:03 UTC 2020

V F <veronicapfiorentino at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there anything like

I believe, it would be more productive to ask something more specific — namely, what do you what to achieve.

> Many communities get locked behind it and I cannot access anything.

Locked behind what?  If you have not access to a certain ‘community’ (i. e. resource), how do you expect a third-party useragent to help you with that?

> a nitter equivalent for telegram.

Nitter here may mean: (a) a piece of software, an HTML and RSS frontend for anonymous api.twitter.com, (b) several servers, that provide it as a service (SaaS).

As for (b), many various SaaSʼes exist out there, including some Telegram-related, but I found it inappropriate to advertise them here.

As for (a), I have never heard of one, and I am not surprised of that for the following reason.  https://twitter.com is a modern ‘webapp’ written in a clean client-server manner, so writing Nitter was a task of writing alternative frontend for undocumented yet pretty stable API.  While https://t.me is implemented in a more old-school fashion (it is rather akin to <https://mobile.twitter.com>), which on the one hand makes it perfectly usable without running ad-hoc javascripts in your browser, but on the other hand makes writing a client for it an unpleasant task, that requires parsing an output for humans.

There is quite a few free clients for non-anonymous Telegram interface, though, including the official one.