suggestions/request for fsfe

Paul Schaub vanitasvitae at fsfe.org
Tue Jan 7 12:57:46 UTC 2020

Hi Veronica.

First off, I'm not part of the FSFE infrastructure team, so talk what I say with a grain of salt.

My guess would be, that the FSFE is simply too busy with keeping their existing infrastructure running, to setup yet another public service that needs maintenance.

Also, it is the goal of the FSFE to educate people about technology and the best way people learn is by doing. It is far better when people learn to use technology to protect themselves and their friends independently then if they'd just make use of some provider without understanding what's going on. In the end they'd end up having to trust yet another party (the FSFE in this case).

I suggest you join forces with some friends/your local hacker space to set up your own pihole instance. Sadly privacy means hard work but its worth it ;)

Happy Hacking
Paul