Antivirus for Android?

Jonke Suhr suhrj at fsfe.org
Fri Dec 18 11:39:47 UTC 2020

Hi Lucas,

I'm no Android expert, but I do believe Android has a strong security
model (provided you are using the latest version) which relies on the
sandboxing of all apps.

I'm unaware of any recent large-scale attacks targeting Android users.
If your friend is diligent and uses only trusted sources for apps (no
shady third-party app stores), he shouldn't need to worry.

Cheers,

Jonke