FS tools for hackathons? (Re: COVID-19 Hackathons: Only Free Software creates global solutions)

Bernhard E. Reiter bernhard at fsfe.org
Wed Apr 29 14:19:24 UTC 2020

Am Freitag 10 April 2020 08:59:55 schrieb Jens Lechtenboerger:
> I wonder about running a hackathon with free software.  Lots seem to
> rely on Devpost, whose piracy policy I find unacceptable (see “Other
> Information” and “Information Collected by or Through Third-Party
> Advertisers/Remarketers”):
> https://info.devpost.com/privacy

What does devpost do?

> Any free alternatives?

Any sort of wiki, plus email, etherpads would be enough to organise
a hackathon, wouldn't it?

Or maybe just hack or try many Free Software tool, e.g. with
hosting a https://sandstorm.io/ instance?

Best,
Bernhard

--
FSFE -- Founding Member     Support our work for Free Software:
blogs.fsfe.org/bernhard     https://fsfe.org/donate | contribute