Is there any organisation like this in Europe?

Moritz Bartl moritz at headstrong.de
Fri Apr 10 21:56:36 UTC 2020

I am not aware of any pan-European efforts, but from a German
perspective what probably comes closest is the "Technische Hilfswerk"
(Agency for Technical Relief), plus maybe the "Bundesamt für
Bevölkerungsschutz und Katastrophenhilfe"?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technisches_Hilfswerk
https://www.bbk.bund.de/EN/Home/home_node.html

There are other national initiatives/organizations listed at
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_defense_by_country .

Yes, there are quite huge cultural and societal differences in how you
would imagine something like this to be organized.