rich services dominating in media (Re: Wiki page about Free Software for remote working)

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Thu Apr 2 08:01:57 UTC 2020

Am Mittwoch, 1. April 2020, 21:17:48 CEST schrieb Paul Boddie:
>  To one person, the experience may feel
> productive; to others, it might be another interruption to their day.

> Well, what do you think about the wiki page as an example of the tone you
> prefer?

It is a good start, the version I've read a few minutes ago
still promises a little bit too much, examples:

"most proprietary solutions are just replacements of good Free Software
solutions with a similar or better level of functionality"
"replacement for skype"

It is also technical. As you write above, to make real use of remote
technology, it needs instructions and hints about how to use it, addressing
personal and group workflows. The wiki page does not offer such instructions
how to change a workflow to profit e.g. from a combination of email, mumble,
jitsi and moinmo.in wiki.

Best,
Bernhard

--