Fairphone 3

Carsten Agger agger at modspil.dk
Wed Sep 25 13:17:24 UTC 2019

On 9/24/19 6:14 PM, Christian Imhorst wrote:

> I have a Fairphone 2 since 10 month. It comes with Android 6 and Google but I could flash easily Fairphone OpenOS, Android 7 without Google. I also use a Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 with Replicant. Would be cool if we could have Replicant on the Fairphone 2/3. :-)

Today, inspired by this discussion, I send the following question to
Fairphone support:

"I'm interested in buying a Fairphone 3, but I'm not interested in
getting proprietary Android.

Is it possible to have the Fairphone 3 shipped with AOSP as the
Fairphone 1, with no Google apps or Play Store? I'd VERY MUCH prefer it
that way. I know it's possible to flash it with AOSP myself, but I don't
find that solution satisfactory."

I hope they'll answer that it *is* possible, but let's see.

Best
Carsten