Fairphone 3

Michael Kesper mkesper at schokokeks.org
Wed Sep 25 08:04:38 UTC 2019

Hi all,

On 23.09.19 10:05, Bernhard E. Reiter wrote:
> I've heard that a sailfish OS port to FP3 is likely. :)
> That is also a mobile phone operating system which (limited) success is based
> on Free Software a lot.

Sailfish is not completely Free Software:

https://sailfishos.org/wiki/Open_Source

I know purism pays some developers to integrate a full
Gnome platform with a custom shell (phosh).
To my humble knowledge this seems to be the most active
fully free software stack right now (other than AOSP)
which can be implemented on real hardware phones.

https://developer.puri.sm/Librem5/Software_Reference.html

Best wishes
Michael