diversity

Florian Snow floriansnow at fsfe.org
Thu Oct 24 05:36:38 UTC 2019

Hi Geza,

Geza Giedke <ggiedke at fsfe.org> writes:
> I've tried out the webbased platform (to complain about FSFE "welcoming"
> RMS' resignation)

I think that is a good use of it with the news items and I want to try
using it as a comment module for the blogs.

> I know that I'm old-fashioned in this respect, but I think for online
> discussions no better system than Usenet has been invented, but mailing
> lists are the next best options.

I'm generally with you, but I don't want to condemn a new solution if it
has the potential to attract more people.  But of course that means
integrating existing community members as well.  So I hope we can find a
good solution.

> Is there any software that could provide a (bidirectional) interface
> between a webforum and a mailinglist?

Discourse has a mailing list mode which I have been using (kind of) for
a while.  Why don't you try that and give some feedback here?  You can
activate it in the settings.

Happy hacking!
Florian