Old process (Re: FSFE-in-2020: Who are we?)

Bernhard E. Reiter bernhard at fsfe.org
Thu Oct 10 08:17:21 UTC 2019

Am Mittwoch 09 Oktober 2019 10:02:16 schrieb Mirko Boehm:
> So let me rephrase this in
> simple speech: The FSFE-in-2020 ground to a halt because the decision
> makers (our GA and the president) did not prioritise it

They did indeed not, but for good reasons (which you don't seem to agree to,
which is fine, though calling an explanation attempt bullshitting is something
I don't get.).

> and have no interest in the increased accountability and transparency
> that would inevitably follow from any sort of modernisation of FSFE.

In my point of view it wouldn't follow automatically from modernisation.
Also the FSFE-in-2020 process was not aiming for increased accountability and
transparency.  If a process is taking a path that is not bound to get to the
results, I think it is important to modify or stop it.

Regards,
Bernhard
--
FSFE -- Founding Member     Support our work for Free Software:
blogs.fsfe.org/bernhard     https://fsfe.org/donate | contribute