FSFE's Call for sessions "about:freedom" during 36C3

Erik Albers eal at fsfe.org
Tue Nov 5 16:10:00 UTC 2019

Hi all

if it happens that you come to the Chaos Communication Congress this year you
could be interested in the FSFE's call for participation:

	https://fsfe.org/news/2019/news-20191102-01.html

also if you know someone who is going there who might have interest, please
share the call. You find the text of the call within the link and hereafter in
copy:

# Call for sessions "about:freedom" during 36C3

In the context of the 36th Chaos Communication Congress happening from
December 27th to 30th in Leipzig, the FSFE is happy to host an assembly again
inside the cluster "about:freedom". We offer attention and a stage for
self-organised sessions by and for our community and friends, and this is our
call for participation.

For our sessions at the FSFE assembly, we are looking for inspiring talks,
hands-on workshops, community/developer/strategy meetings or any other public,
informative or collaborative activities. Topics can be anything that is about
or related to Free Software – from your private project to global community
projects. While we welcome submissions on technical topics, we also further
encourage non-technical talks that address philosophical, political,
economical, and/or other aspects regarding Free Software, particularly for
this year related to digital sustainability. As part of our cluster
about:freedom, we also look forward to sessions about related subjects that
have a clear connection to Free Software, in particular privacy, data
protection, encryption, the commons and internet policies.

For our friends, it is also possible to have informal meetings, announcements
or other activities at our assembly. In this case, get in touch and we will
see what we can do. If you are a musician and like to help forming our first
Free-Software-song sing-along big band, please also get in touch.

# Formalities

If you are interested in hosting a session, please apply before

	** Monday, November 18, 18:00 UTC **

by sending an email to eal at fsfe.org with the subject “Session at 36C3” and use
the following template:

    Title: name of your session
    Type: talk / discussion / meeting / workshop …
    Length: 30 / 60 / 90 / 120 min
    Tags: put useful tags here
    Link: (if there is a helpful link)
    Expected number of participants: 20 or less / up to 50 / up to 100 /
    beyond
    About yourself: some words about you/your biography
    Time limitations: exclude days or times you are not able to present

You will be informed latest on Tuesday, November 26, if your session is accepted.

# Good to know

 * Be aware that an acceptance in our call does not guarantee or offer you a
   ticket! Please check the CCC-announcements and proceed according to their
   requirements for the tickets.
 * If your session is accepted we will happily take care of its proper
   organisation, advertising and everything else that needs to be done. You
   are then welcome to simply come and host your session.
 * For your inspiration see our sessions during 35C3, 34C3, 33C3 and 32C3.

Please, share this call with your friends and/or your favourite channels.

Best,
   Erik

--
No one shall ever be forced to use non-free software
Erik Albers | Programme Manager, Communication | FSFE