Euro Elections and fsfe

Vitaly Repin vitaly_repin at fsfe.org
Tue May 28 07:44:17 UTC 2019

Hello,

I believe constructive work with any MEPs is possible in order to influence
them on the FSFE agenda.
Regardless of the political movement they belong to. Strong assiociation
with any political movement
(eurosceptics, liberals, social democrats etc) is a mistake in my opinion.

I would like to put this idea even further.  Why can't FSFE monitor how
each and every MEP voted for the matters regarding free software
dyring the current and previous election term and present this statistics
at FSFE web site (searchable web pages +  json/xml)?

I believe this tool can provide a very good guidance for future elections
as it will help us, Europeans, to know the position of MEPs
and their parties on free software-related matters much better than now.
This initiative can also be seen as a tool to provide an addiitonal
pressure on MEPs when they vote for copyright laws.

Thanks!

--
WBR & WBW, Vitaly