[nomination]for Fellowship Council renewal and activism

Christian Imhorst christian.imhorst at fsfe.org
Mon May 27 08:21:02 UTC 2019

Hello Carsten,

I think RMS is a brilliant mind when he talks about Free Software. No
question. Unfortunately he is not so brilliant in other topics. And it's
not an excuse that he is a child of  the decade he was born in. [1][2]

Sure, he makes big contributions to the Free Software movement. But I
have a problem with the personality cult around him. I think there
should be more people in the FSF besides RMS talking at conferences.
More people in the FSF who make their contributions. We need more
diversity in the Free Software movement, because it means respecting
people as they are, without prejudice. Diversity brings solutions to
complex problems of the present and the future we can not handle with
solutions from the past. This requires people who see the world with
different eyes. People have to be able to contribute to the Free
Software movement with their whole personality as they are.

Best
Christian

[1] https://twitter.com/sarahmei/status/994010501460865025
[2]