Matthias Kirschner, FSFE and Fraud in free software

Reinhard Müller reinhard at fsfe.org
Fri May 24 22:09:33 UTC 2019

Hi, all, and especially the moderators of this list!

Am 24.05.19 um 10:25 schrieb jah:
> Boring! less of this please.

While for some of us (including me), it is interesting to see the
reactions to Daniel's emails, I think the number of complaints has
exceeded what is constructive to put on a public discussion list with
hundreds of subscribers. I believe that meanwhile, virtually everbyody
here is more or less fed up with his conspiracy tales as much as
everybody else.

So for the sake of improving the signal to noise ratio on this list,
with full respect for free speech and with deep understanding for
everybody who feels the urge to complain to Daniel, I would ask

a) everybody here to direct their complaints to Daniel directly (who
will ignore them, unfortunately) instead of to the mailing list, and

b) the moderators of this list (who are doing a great job!) to, if in
doubt, verify whether the author of such an email indeed intended to
address the whole mailing list before approving the post.

Thanks,
Reinhard

P.S. Yes, I am aware that Daniel Pocock potentially tricked some
recipients of his latest email into replying to this mailing list by
setting a Reply-To: header, and that he did this on purpose.

P.P.S. jah, I hope you understand that this is not against you. I
completely understand and fully support your statement. I chose your
email to reply to because your one-liner is a perfect TL;DR for my own
message :-)