Mobile phone details: Sailfish

Bernhard E. Reiter bernhard at fsfe.org
Fri May 17 15:29:22 UTC 2019

Am Donnerstag 16 Mai 2019 13:38:20 schrieb Joe Awni:
> Would love to hear more details about the early-days. What
> Free Software projects where you following in 1989?

My main computer these days were an Amiga 500
and the main source of Free Software the Fred Fish disks.
There were Matt Dillons editor DME and various small
tools, hack, a vi clone (which I did't like), terminal software and so on. I
don't remember precisely in which year gnuplot was included first, but it was
on there as well. (gnuplot is not related to GNU, but Free Software.)

Matt later wrote his own compiler DICE. My understanding of Free Software
concepts was not very explicit, this changed in the early nineties.

Cheers,
Bernhard

--
FSFE -- Founding Member     Support our work for Free Software:
blogs.fsfe.org/bernhard     https://fsfe.org/donate | contribute