Nice success story about Free Software in schools

Bjoern Schiessle schiessle at fsfe.org
Tue May 14 16:04:35 UTC 2019

Hi,

i just found this nice article which I would like to share with you:

https://www.financialexpress.com/industry/technology/kerala-schools-to-save-rs-3000-crore-by-using-linux-os/1577396/

The region of Kerala in India migrates all their schools to Free
Software.

"More than Rs 3,000-crore savings, we feel the key advantage of going
for free OS is the ability to study, share, edit and publish without
restrictions. In the education sector, this dissemination value is more
crucial than costs," says Anjali Krishnan, a school teacher who is
receiving the necessary training.

Cheers,
Björn

--