Strategy and serendipity

Bernhard E. Reiter bernhard at fsfe.org
Wed May 8 10:55:37 UTC 2019

Am Mittwoch 08 Mai 2019 11:41:56 schrieb Carsten Agger:
> > To me it has reached its goals and should have been called concluded
> > for good. (See comments to my article [1]).
>
> I believe the struggle to
> have a free operating system is an ongoing on

> > [1]
https://blogs.fsfe.org/bernhard/2012/03/lets-end-all-free-software-projects-quickly/

"I believe GNU turned into an initiative at some point, to the frustration of
some GNU Hackers itself. While the fight for freedom is a neverending one, I
believe the GNU Project should have celebrated its successful end some years
ago!"

The question in relation to your post is: What are the precise goals
of the GNU "initiativ" (my terminology, explained in [1]) and how can they be
measured and reached? What is having a "free operating system"?

One that is is "available", or is "easily" availble, what does "easy" mean?

Best Regards,
Bernhard

--
FSFE -- Founding Member     Support our work for Free Software:
blogs.fsfe.org/bernhard     https://fsfe.org/donate | contribute