free software promotion and local status

Bernhard E. Reiter bernhard at fsfe.org
Wed May 8 07:18:56 UTC 2019

Am Montag 06 Mai 2019 14:41:31 schrieb Paul Sutton:
> On of the digital skills sites is https://www.learnmyway.com/ I think th
> e issue with these digital unite et al is lack of volunteers who are the
> digital champions with these skills to share them.

The question here is: Who decided on what is taught?
Following a few links it seems that https://www.goodthingsfoundation.org/
is the organisation behind it.

I believe one approach can be to approach them with an argument why teaching
Free Software is better for their goals. How to approach them depends on how
they can be reached and are willing to discuss their point of view.

There are many advantages for teaching Free Software components.
(Needless to repeat them here.) The question is: Which argument would convince
them.

Best Regards,
Bernhard

--
FSFE -- Founding Member     Support our work for Free Software:
blogs.fsfe.org/bernhard     https://fsfe.org/donate | contribute