On Censorship

Erik Albers eal at fsfe.org
Mon May 6 15:49:19 UTC 2019

Hi Joe,

On 06.05.19 16:58, Joe Awni wrote:
> Personally, I have experienced instances of de facto censorship in the form
> of not being allowed to participate in an election,

You have not being allowed to participate because the deadline for candidates
have been on February 1st and you applied on April 15, means you have been
2,5 months beyond the deadline. This is in no way censorship.

here available for everyone to see:
https://lists.fsfe.org/pipermail/discussion/2016-April/010954.html

> having messages delayed
> until untimely, unauthorized edits, and removal of messages. *I think it is
> absolutely important we avoid censorship in any communication in any form. *

this talking about censorship meanwhile is getting really boring. I know of
multiple people and messages that have NOT been delivered on your "alternative
mailing-list" fsfellowship.eu by Reinhard Müller, Florian Snow, Christian
Kalkhoff, Diogo Constantino and myself minimum.

so better start to lead by example before blaming everyone else or I will stop
listening.

And now let's see if this mail is going to be delivered on fsfellowhip.eu : )

Best,
   Erik

--
No one shall ever be forced to use non-free software
Erik Albers | Programme Manager, Communication | FSFE