Unsubscription amusement

Carmen Bianca Bakker carmenbianca at fsfe.org
Mon May 6 10:27:03 UTC 2019

Je lun, 2019-05-06 je 09:00 +0100, Paul Sutton skribis:

> On 06/05/2019 00:00, Paul Boddie wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I see that some people are still having fun with the Mailman interface trying
> > to unsubscribe people from this list, specifically 91.64.208.89 or
> > ip5b40d059.dynamic.kabel-deutschland.de as they are also known.
> >
> > Perhaps some actual, reasoned discussion about the challenges raised by recent
> > events related to the FSFE might be preferable to rather clumsy attempts to
> > play with people's mailing list subscriptions.
> >
> > Paul
> I think it is trying to do that to me,  I have already removed myself
> from the unofficial fellowship list. Now I am getting unauthorized
> attempts to remove me from the fsfe.org list
>
> What exactly is going on here please. This is reflecting very very badly
> on the fsfe in general.

Daniel Pocock obtained a list of all subscribers to the discussion
mailing list, and (presumably) ran a script that sends an unsubscribe
request for all subscribers.

There isn't a lot that the FSFE can really do here, other than the
legal venues that are already being pursued.

Kindly,
Carmen