List of email addresses

Paul Sutton zleap at zleap.net
Thu May 2 11:52:48 UTC 2019

On 02/05/2019 12:17, Johannes Zarl-Zierl wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Considering the CoC, I'm refraining myself from talking too much about a
> certain individual.
>
> As there seems to be some confusion as to how Daniel Pocock was able to access
> the subscriber emails of this list:
>
> The list is visible to all subscribers here:
> https://lists.fsfe.org/mailman/roster/discussion
>
> Having list membership visible to all subscribers is common practice, and
> virtually all public mailing list are configured to show this information on
> request. After all, the mailing list archive is also available, and by
> scraping the mailing list archive one would be able to gather a similar list…
>
> However, I'm pretty sure that using this information in the way that Mr.
> Pocock did is very much not allowed under EU law. Maybe it's time to let the
> legal team handle this transgression and evaluate FSFE's legal options?
>
> Cheers,
>   Johannes

Just to clarify as a subscriber to this list (lists.fsfe.org) I have no
objection to the subscriber list or the archive.

I would like to add that I agree the legal team need to handle this.

Having the fellowship.eu e-mail mixed in with what I see as the official
list at lists.fsfe.org, It is very confusing.  As mentioned before some
of the e-mails i am getting seem to have cc, to, from, reply to,  I have
never seen this in _any other_ e-mail list.

Paul