List of email addresses

Johannes Zarl-Zierl jzarl at fsfe.org
Thu May 2 11:17:32 UTC 2019

Hi,

Considering the CoC, I'm refraining myself from talking too much about a
certain individual.

As there seems to be some confusion as to how Daniel Pocock was able to access
the subscriber emails of this list:

The list is visible to all subscribers here:
https://lists.fsfe.org/mailman/roster/discussion

Having list membership visible to all subscribers is common practice, and
virtually all public mailing list are configured to show this information on
request. After all, the mailing list archive is also available, and by
scraping the mailing list archive one would be able to gather a similar list…

However, I'm pretty sure that using this information in the way that Mr.
Pocock did is very much not allowed under EU law. Maybe it's time to let the
legal team handle this transgression and evaluate FSFE's legal options?

Cheers,
  Johannes

--
Johannes Zarl-Zierl