Kundigung [Legal Team] leaving FSFE's legal team

Christian Imhorst christian.imhorst at fsfe.org
Fri Mar 29 10:12:43 UTC 2019

Hello Florian,

thank you for taking the time to answer. If longtime members drop out,
we should talk about it openly. It is the wrong way to withold the
leaving.

Words like "fsfegate 2.0" don't mean anything to me, because I'm just
not in your filter bubble. I have no problem with anonymous
whistleblowing. Information should be free, so I support that.

Am 28.03.2019 17:53 schrieb Florian Snow:
> We are individuals with differing opinions and that is what makes
> us strong as an organization.

I totally agree with you. In my opinion diversity, free speech, freedom
of information, etc. are fundamental rights that are inextricably linked
with Free Software. Why else do we need Free Software if we do not care
about the other basic rights? In my opinion, Free Software would be
worth nothing then.

Am 28.03.2019 17:53 schrieb Florian Snow:
> My impression is very different and in fact, I would say we are gaining
> visibility.  But either way, there is no hard data on this issue.

That is in the nature of things and it is a problem, unfortunately. E.g.
the section on open source platforms that are excluded from the new EU
Copyright Directive: As someone who stands on the sidelines I didn't
really saw our success. GitHub claims that they would have enforced the
exception. It's a pity that we didn't make our contribution so well
visible.

Am 28.03.2019 17:53 schrieb Florian Snow:
> I feel campaigns are good and important.

I feel the same way. Campaigns are a good way to achieve political
goals.

Am 28.03.2019 17:53 schrieb Florian Snow:
> I completely disagree with this statement.  Yes, we think about issues
> such as gender equality because we think being more inclusive will
> strengthen our movement as a whole.

Again, I am with you. As I wrote above, what would be the worth of Free
Software if we do not care about other civil freedoms?

I can not say much about your other answers, because I'm not involved in
the organization of the FSFE. For me your answers are very welcome and
important! Thanks again for taking the time.

Regards,
Christian