No subject

Thu Mar 28 10:00:40 UTC 2019

majority of my compatriots from this sentiment.  A hugely popular
view is that we're Scottish and European, and only then British.  (I
get the impression that this, like most "prevailing climates"
perceived as British, actually represents a sample of some part of
London or its suburbs.)

However, the criteria for joining the superstate are very well defined,
politically and economically, and the FSFE should not appear to
endorse those conditions to the detriment of alternatives perhaps
favoured by non-EU European nations.  As the stars are
symbolically inextricably bound to the EU (whatever else they may
be less strongly bound to), they ought to be rejected.

David