recommendations for a mini laptop

David Boddie david at boddie.org.uk
Thu Jul 4 09:37:57 UTC 2019

On Wed Jul 3 11:44:19 UTC 2019, Erik Albers wrote:

> On the german list someone came up with the eeePC. This is from size exactly
> what I am looking for and you can get them second hand at around 50 euro.

Golden Delicious still sell the Letux 400 netbook for 125 euro:

http://shop.goldelico.com/wiki.php?page=Product&product=1011

Unfortunately, the original batteries are unusable, so you would have to find
a suitable replacement - suggestions welcome! Also, you would need to find a
way to put a modern version of Linux on it, though I feel that something more
lightweight would be better on that kind of hardware.

I noticed that someone else also mentioned some systems from Dragonbox,
though they are quite a bit more expensive than either a "new old stock" or
second hand netbook. I don't know if it's possible to use all the hardware
without a lot of non-free firmware on some of those devices, so that might
also be a consideration.

Regards,

David