Looking for a job as a full stack developer

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Sun Jan 20 17:56:39 UTC 2019

On Sunday 13. January 2019 14.50.25 Full Stack wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I am currently looking for a new job as a full stack web developer.
> Preferred open source based; or at least open source friendly.
>
> If anyone offers such a job, please contact me.
> You're also welcome, if you know an open position somewhere.
>
> My wishes for my next job
> * Work with free software or development of free software
> * Free choice of my technical working environment
> * Fair and flexible working times
> * open company/organization culture with a respectful treatment of everyone

That sounds like a reasonable list of wishes to me, and I should say that my
own list is pretty similar.

> What I offer:
> * Master degree with major subjects Web, Databases and Software Engineering
> * ~10 years professional experience
> * Front end: JavaScript (ES6+), TypeScript, HTML5, CSS3+
>     Frameworks and tools, among others: VueJS, Angular, Ionic (Hybrid
>     Apps), Mocha, Jasmine, Webpack, Websockets, Babel, Scss, Less
> * Backend: PHP, NodeJS
>     Frameworks and tools, among others: Laravel, Zend, Express, PHPUnit,
>     Behat
> * Experiences in implementing tests and CI systems
> * Experiences in contributing to open source projects
>
> I am currently located in mid-west Germany. A relocation may be
> possible, depending on the job.

I guess you are aware of fossjobs:

https://www.fossjobs.net/

Unfortunately, I don't see anything straight away that would cover the breadth
of what you offer. However, there are some PHP positions and some JavaScript
positions, but for some the geographical constraints might be a problem.

Maybe this one is interesting:

https://www.fossjobs.net/job/10007/software-developer-php-at-passbolt/

As someone with a lot of JavaScript experience, you are likely to be more
fortunate in your searches for matching jobs, particularly ones with a front-
end emphasis. My own experience, when searching for Python in job adverts is
that searches dredge up every last position merely mentioning Python as a
"nice to have" or just another buzzword in a list that the person writing the
advert happened to know.

Anyway, good luck in your search! If you happen to encounter a large cache of
active Free Software job adverts, please let us all know. ;-)

Paul