Voting and Free Software

Stephane Ascoet stephane.ascoet at univ-paris1.fr
Tue Dec 31 10:47:27 UTC 2019

Le 10/12/2019 à 17:50, Paul Schaub a écrit :

> Tom Scott did a video about why electronic voting is (still) a bad idea:
> https://invidio.us/watch?v=LkH2r-sNjQs

Hi, at the end he talks very quickly about the blockchain way, witch was
the one explored in the conference
<https://www.agendadulibre.org/events/19086> I told you before. There
was at least two flaws, I don't remember the first one. The second one
was the lack of knowledge about keys and computing in general in the
average voter person.

The Cambridge museum where the video takes place seems to be very
interesting...

RMS said:
> We used to have a GNU package, GNU FREE, for holding elections.

Dear Richard, could you write more about the purpose of this (former)
package?

--
Sincerely, Stephane Ascoet