FSFE and censorship - not true?

Andrej Shadura andrew at shadura.me
Sat Sep 15 09:54:16 UTC 2018

On 14 September 2018 at 23:08, Michael Kesper <mkesper at schokokeks.org> wrote:
> Hi Andreas,
>
> On 14.09.2018 17:18, Andreas Nilsson wrote:
>> I have read the news about a stated censorship that is ongoing in the
>> mailing list. I would not be surprised if it were true that this is an
>> ongoing action however that is impliciting that an action is to be
>> taken by the responsible moderators of this mailing list to somewhat
>> fast strip the abusing moderators their rights to moderate any further.
>>
>> The sole reason for moderation is to calm a discussion down and the
>> abuse of moderation will be to kill a discussion off.
>>
>> This is a wake up call for moderators on discussion at lists.fsfe.org and
>> their responsibility is to leave these people out of moderation
>> privileges right away.
>>
>> It is certainly not OK with me.
>
> The job of moderators is letting useful discussions happen but not
> hatespeech and accusations without any substance.
> Please do not believe _everything_ you read on the internet.
> For fact checking please all people have a look at the minutiae of the
> general assemblies and speak to other people.

Having done exactly this fact checking I can see most of the things
Daniel is claiming are true, except a few things in which he’s made
(honest) mistakes. What I disagree with is the bad intent which I
believe Daniel assumes; I think there wasn’t one originally, and the
rest is just the result of people not being careful in their
communications to each other and turning disagreements into political
decisions.

--
Cheers,
  Andrej