temporary moderation of this list

Stefan Uygur ostendali at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 21:47:11 UTC 2018

Florian,
With all due respect, you can moderate or do whatever you'd like, nobody is
going to stop you.

However, remember the purpose for which FSFE was founded.

It is my personal opinion and based on knowledge/experience of free
software community, the way things are right now, the FSFE staff does not
comply nor suitable to the scope for which FSFE was born. The real ruler of
FSFE is not the internal regulation that a few have designed but the
community around it.

This is community space and and organisation like FSFE has no other
alternative but to listen to the community and not the internal staff.

The so heated topic you refer to is getting overheated for a reason. For
instance, l personally did not agree with Daniel's behaviour but l did find
reasonable his requests, where the responses from FSFE was not different
than the way he behaved. Actually exceeded. Or should l say there was no
proper response?

Now, l have no political ambitions nor a specific reason to react in this
manner but, would you mind to think twice why a quiet supporter (member or
fellow whatever you'd like to call) like myself all of sudden came out with
certain tone?

I am supporter, community evangelist and free software promoter, where l
share the values, the philosophy and not only l share but l apply them as
well to my daily life, etc.etc.etc.

What l am trying to say here is, by simply moderating or calming down
situations like this you are not going to change the facts where FSFE is at
the brink of 2 choices, a fork:

1. Do act wisely and go for changes or

2. Keep going the usual way ignoring the facts

We all can guess where FSFE will end up if point 2 chosen. There will also
be no reason to keep that E (Europe) anymore if this is the case. Because
as European citizen and as free software pioneer l will not allow such
organisation to represent me.

Now, l met you personally and had a very quick chat with you and l think
you are smarter than many people thinks and l talk with respect here.
Therefore l invite you to reflect and meditate on what l just wrote/said.

I said what l have to say it, is up to care team to let this email pass
through. Although this won't change my decision and opinion about the
current FSFE.

All the best.

Stefan