Conference Bits&Trees

Bernhard E. Reiter bernhard at fsfe.org
Thu Sep 6 08:28:34 UTC 2018

Hello,
there is a conference https://bits-und-baeume.org/en
that aims to bring together several approaches for sustainability
in the physical and digital world.

I've learned about it only a few days before the closing of the CfP
and submitted three proposals:

a) Talk about "How to improve the world on many topic with limited personal
resources"

which is a rough translation of
  Mit wenig Einsatz, bei vielen Themen die Welt verbessern
  -- Mit System handeln und andere überzeugen

b) an 8 minute provocative stand-up about
   "It is in your best interest to pay for software, services and newspapers!"

rough translation of
  Meine These ist: Es ist in Deinem Interesse für Software, Dienste,
  Newsticker und Zeitungen zu bezahlen!

c) a workshop about
  We set up Email-Cryptography
  -- End-to-End with OpenPGP got easier

a) and b) are being planned in German, though I could do English as well.
As you are English readers, do some of you plan of going there?
If more people are interested I could do a translation of my abstracts for a)
and b) and send it here.

I don't know how the organizers react towards wishes from the audience,
what I've heard is that they would like more Free Software people to bring in
their experiences. Thought I'd let you know.

Best Regards,
Bernhard

--
FSFE -- Founding Member     Support our work for Free Software:
blogs.fsfe.org/bernhard     https://fsfe.org/donate | contribute