Nacht der langen Messer on discussion@ (Re: what makes a good president and chairperson?)

Daniel Pocock daniel at pocock.pro
Wed Sep 5 18:22:57 UTC 2018

On 05/09/18 08:42, Bernhard E. Reiter wrote:
> Hi Daniel,
>
> Am Dienstag 04 September 2018 23:22:33 schrieb Daniel Pocock:
>> are you trying to change/misrepresent the intention of
>> somebody else's email?
>
> please read the exchange again and look at the quotes,
> I was asking what ostendali at gmail.com meant by quoting from an HTML mail by
> matthias.hager at zoho.eu.
>
> BTW: as both email addresses have no direct hits on an internet search engine,
> they strongly support your points and they have similiarities in writing
> styles, I'm just asking you directly: What is your connection to these email
> addresses?

Putting my name in the subject line suggests you are just a big bully
and don't really care how anybody answers that question because you've
already assumed everybody who doesn't agree with you is in a conspiracy.

I assume everybody else in the community is a fellow and if they are new
I warmly welcome them to the community, whether I agree with them or not.

I previously asked about giving the fellowship representatives a list of
fellows so we can verify when a communication is from somebody in the
fellowship.  I also asked about having a PGP keyring for fellows,
similar to that used for Debian Developers.  Both ideas were rejected
with reasons about privacy.

If FSFE prioritizes privacy and then you complain because you
can't identify somebody posting a message from a possible alias, isn't
that hypocrisy?

Putting my name in the subject line, background searches on people,
accusing people of a "connection", character assassinations, changing
people's words and another heavy-handed message you sent attacking me in
another sub-thread: it all reeks of bullying and comes with a strong
odour of censorship, you continue to help prove the concerns I raised at
the outset.

Maybe other people are afraid to speak up or using aliases because they
don't want to suffer the same intimidation and character assassination?
Chilling.

Regards,

Daniel

FSFE Fellowship Representative