what makes a good president and chairperson?

Matthias Hager matthias.hager at zoho.eu
Mon Sep 3 20:08:34 UTC 2018

Sent using Zoho Mail ---- On Mon, 03 Sep 2018 20:04:07 +0200 Carsten Agger <agger at modspil.dk> wrote ---- On 09/03/2018 07:04 PM, Daniel Pocock wrote: > On 30/08/18 10:17, Erik Albers wrote: >> And Matthias currently has full support by the staffers. > > > Matthias could continue to lead the staff in the Executive Director > role, given Jonas' recent news that he is vacating that role?  Could > this be the most constructive way to move forward and close the chapter > on the recent politics? > > Maybe a dramatic change of leader could also be a good alternative to > the endless discussions about diversity.  By making it a position for a > volunteer, more people might apply for it. > > As a long-standing member of this community (I was active on FSFE mailing lists yearvs before I became a Fellow, now Supporter, in 2009) I see nothing in the current debate that indicates the abrupt replacement of the president or other key figures, let alone "dramatic" changes. All the crazy stuff on this list doesn't make you cringe?  The culture of this organization is hideous.  Everybody is infected with it. Get a new leader and get a new culture.  Other people worry about too many details but they are right about the solution: change I think we should think constructively and always ask ourselves the question: How does this benefit Free Software the most? I don't see the current debate on this list as very conducive to anything. Funny question but how did a little posse in Berlin trying to a-- f--- the absent fellowship rep benefit free software? mh