what makes a good president and chairperson?

Carsten Agger agger at modspil.dk
Mon Sep 3 18:04:07 UTC 2018

On 09/03/2018 07:04 PM, Daniel Pocock wrote:
> On 30/08/18 10:17, Erik Albers wrote:
>> And Matthias currently has full support by the staffers.
>

> Matthias could continue to lead the staff in the Executive Director
> role, given Jonas' recent news that he is vacating that role?  Could
> this be the most constructive way to move forward and close the chapter
> on the recent politics?
>
> Maybe a dramatic change of leader could also be a good alternative to
> the endless discussions about diversity.  By making it a position for a
> volunteer, more people might apply for it.

As a long-standing member of this community (I was active on FSFE
mailing lists yearvs before I became a Fellow, now Supporter, in 2009) I
see nothing in the current debate that indicates the abrupt replacement
of the president or other key figures, let alone "dramatic" changes.

I think we should think constructively and always ask ourselves the
question: How does this benefit Free Software the most? I don't see the
current debate on this list as very conducive to anything.

Best
Carsten