Annual report "software freedom in Europe 2018"

Matthias Kirschner mk at fsfe.org
Mon Nov 5 12:10:58 UTC 2018

Hello everybody,

Today we published our annual report "software freedom in Europe 2018"
<https://fsfe.org/news/2018/news-20181105-01.html>.

  "Software freedom in Europe" is the yearly report of the Free Software
  Foundation Europe (FSFE). In one document, it gives you a breakdown of
  important things the FSFE has done and achieved during the last 12
  months. In the 2018 report, you will read about our electoral
  campaigns, our input on the European Union's copyright reform, and
  about our successful outreach in demanding publicly financed software
  be made publicly available under a Free Software licence. You will
  also get insights about the events we (co-)organised and about our
  community and groups that helped us with these achievements. Finally,
  we will display some numbers showing what resources we counted on, and
  giving an outlook for the next year.

I am proud what our teams accomplished during the last 12 months; no
matter if it was the members of the General Assembly, one of our working
groups, our web or translators team, a local group team, one of the
booth teams, or in another way. And I would like to thank those of you
who contributed as volunteers to the FSFE's activities, as well those of
you who have donated to the FSFE, or support us regularly financially as
supporters.

Looking forward to another 12 months in which we will improve the
situation for software freedom.

Best Regards,
Matthias

--
Matthias Kirschner - President - Free Software Foundation Europe
Schönhauser Allee 6/7, 10119 Berlin, Germany | t +49-30-27595290