the questions you really want FSFE to answer

Daniel Pocock daniel at pocock.pro
Mon Jun 18 17:29:16 UTC 2018

On 15/06/18 18:28, Torsten Grote wrote:
> On 06/14/2018 07:25 PM, Daniel Pocock wrote:
>> There are currently no other elected representatives of the community in
>> the General Assembly
>
> I am a bit surprised by this claim. What do you consider "the community"
> and do you think I am part of it?

The role itself is an institution, bigger than either you or I.

Your term finished, you applied for and were accepted as an ordinary
member of the General Assembly so you no longer occupy the role of a
representative.

That is not to question the involvement of ordinary GA members in the
community.  However, only the currently sitting representative(s) have
the responsibility and mandate that comes with a representative role.

Regards,

Daniel