Discussion Digest, Vol 186, Issue 5

Florian Snow floriansnow at fsfe.org
Fri Jun 15 15:27:59 UTC 2018

Hi Mat,

Mat Witts <admin at yuj.it> writes:
> accusations of personal insults I think requires a much higher
> standard of evidence and in absence of that ought to be discounted.

The evidence is the quote I provided.  I later stated expressly that I
am not against the questions Daniel is asking, but that it is offensive
to claim he was the last man standing for democracy in the FSFE when it
is clearly not true.  If he had said "some people do not stand for
democracy", I would have disagreed with the statement, but I would not
have considered it a personal attack.  When Daniel portrays everyone in
a group that I am a part of as being a certain way that at least some
people are very clearly not, then I don't know what this is but a
personal attack.

Happy hacking!
Florian