Public Money Public Code: a good policy for FSFE and other non-profits?

Nikos Roussos comzeradd at fsfe.org
Fri Jun 15 12:26:37 UTC 2018

> So this actually answers a question I asked in the beginning: "Is it because
> admitting such dependencies is embarrassing?" Of course it would be
> regrettable if people were to make an issue of it, but there are also the
> matters of recognising any such problem and striving to do something about it.

Or maybe because there are no such dependencies. Since most people seem to agree that it doesn't make sense to list things like Printer firmware as dependencies, I haven't yet read any concrete example of proprietary software dependency within FSFE. The only example I can think of is Twitter, which hardly qualifies as dependency since the content shared there is also distributed through Free "cloud" services.

~niks