Discussion Digest, Vol 186, Issue 5

Joe Awni joe.awni at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 10:01:41 UTC 2018

Hi All,

I decide to chime in today because I felt my message could potentially make
a difference, at some point in time.

I am another person who decided against involving myself feather in the
group because I also felt the group is not promoting or following what I
consider to be Free Software values.

Before I get into the point of my message, I want to ask you to keep this
rhetorical question in mind:

Is failure and option for the FSFE? Meaning, could the group at any point
decide that they (or a particular policy of theirs) was/were not
effectively achieving their stated goals and dissolve the association or
program? Or is it's existence a mandate that will continue no-matter-what?

Since I last wrote to this mailing list a lot has happened, not necessarily
for the better. If you are interested in my personal story please see the
following links (chronological):
1) http://amsterdamjoe.sdf.org/Pics/2016_USA/Email.html
2) http://amsterdamjoe.sdf.org/Pics/2017_EU/SummerVaccation.html
3) http://amsterdamjoe.sdf.org/MetaArpaMembership.html

Basically, my website is offline, I'm roughing it in deep south Spain doing
farmer-boy stuff like feeding the chickens, my computing happens a tree  <
https://i.imgur.com/r1qSqvv.jpg> , and not having much luck learning to
kite-surf. Finally, I decided to switch career away from software
development.

The software issue is clear. If you want to promote Free Software, you must
use it. If you don't want to use it on your personal device(s), that is
understandable. But, leading by example is core value of mandate to use
Free Software.

Exclusively Free Software since as long as I can remember, and notmissing
proprietary options,
Joe Awni