the questions you really want FSFE to answer

Florian Snow floriansnow at fsfe.org
Fri Jun 15 05:12:01 UTC 2018

Hi Daniel,

Daniel Pocock <daniel at pocock.pro> writes:

> On 14/06/18 21:58, Florian Snow wrote:
>> Daniel Pocock <daniel at pocock.pro> writes:
>>> As the last[1] man standing for democracy in FSFE
>>
>> Perhaps this is meant as a joke, but you usually do not make that clear
>> in your writing, so I am assuming it is serious.  This is an incredibly
>> insulting statement to many people within the FSFE.  You are supposed to
>> also represent FSFE Supporters like me and others who you insult on a
>> regular basis.  I appreciate how seriously you take your responsibility
>> as a representative, but with your current communication style I have to
>> say you do not represent me because I stand for civil communication, not
>> for insults and attacks.
>
> For me, active representatives asking difficult questions are an
> essential part of a democracy.

I agree with that statement.  Please re-read my comment; I did not
complain about your questions.  I don't like your insults, especially in
this case when they are also untruthful.  You know I made several
suggestions to improve community involvement and influence in the GA, so
I will not stand for your personal attacks.

You are very much _not_ the last man standing for democracy in the FSFE.
Democracy is not about who can yell the most or who can yell the
loudest.  Your current actions are often disruptive and drown out other
people's ideas and voices in the GA.  And when you ask questions, you
often fail to do so and follow up in any sort of structured way, and you
draw conclusions from details that often do not represent what the
majority in the GA actually think.  Also, the last time you asked for
community feedback in person, you afterwards failed to answer any
questions about comparing your stated goal with the outcome and you
report stayed anecdotal.  Please be more constructive; I want to work
with you, not against you.

Happy hacking!
Florian