forums, mailing lists and other tools

hellekin how at zoethical.com
Tue Jan 30 10:17:16 UTC 2018

On Mon, Jan 15, 2018 at 05:45:34PM -0200, Adonay Felipe Nogueira wrote:
> What about upgrading to new Mailman version?
>
> If I recall correctly, it has forum-like functions and keeps the mailing
> list functions too.
>
> Discourse is somewhat overwork as we would have to patch various parts
> of it to either remove JS or free/libreate it.

I think you're speculating. Please state clearly what parts should be
patched (it's GPL software!).

> Also, see [1].
>
> [1] <https://mikegerwitz.com/2017/06/Don-t-force-me-to-use-your-tools-on-the-Web>

Well, the good thing with Discourse is that you can use it by email
when it's properly setup to do so.

*

I am very much interested in the topic of using Discourse to promote
the agenda of free technologies and a public digital infrastructure,
which I already proposed informally to the FSFE at various
occasions. I already proposed to host it myself and offered to use it
as an experimental tool in support of the Public Money Public Code
campaign.

Interested people can join the Migrators group at

https://ps.zoethical.com/groups/Migrators

==
hk

--
P.S.: Awakening Territories to Life == <https://ps.zoethical.com/> ==
      GPG ID == 4CE6 4F27 9931 0403 A903  E43F 0B14 96B7 E336 03EB ==