forums, mailing lists and other tools

Stephane Ascoet stephane.ascoet at univ-paris1.fr
Tue Jan 23 08:29:22 UTC 2018

Le 22/01/2018 à 19:31, bruno at tracciabi.li a écrit :

> I suppose "here" means Paris or France. I bet it's possible and not too
> complicated to use public transports without a pokécom
> (pocket-computer). You buy a ticket and you hop on. Or maybe you can
> also buy directly onboard. Like we've been doing for more than one century.

Hi, yes it's becoming very complicated. In Paris, you don't have bus
maps anymore on the stops. More and more networks are not printing
timetable anymore(like my regional rail network. And they are so badly
organised that the times of the trains change from day to day without
notice other than being online every second). You can still buy
paper-tickets for urban transports but prices are made in a way that it
often costs more and they clearly plan to stop them in a few years, like
they made for some other things(tax declaration...). For trains, they
are closing all the desks, and even on this one, we must argue to have
anonymous tickets(and if we suceed they of course cost more). Automatic
computerized sellers can distribute only the tickets that the company
want us to buy and not the best ones for our destination.

>> Same thing for going to the theatre, museum and so on.
>
> Ditto. Are ticket booths/websites banned in France?

Almost. Like for transport, you'll have to wait in the hot or cold
without being sure to enter and pay more.

> I don't believe you: one single counter-example (one single person being
> able to find a job or a friend) would invalidate your point.

I see that you want to imagine you're living in a great society. How
lucky you are. The fall will be hard.

> Anyway, I'm not going to waste more of my time and other people's
> bandwith arguing while you cannot defend your point with a logical
> argument.
> /b
>
> *I feel ashamed using such a meaningful word as "resist" to mean
> something as ordinary as "not using proprietary platforms".

Well, it's funny how much both of your sentences oppose themselves :-)
Anyway we can discuss how much we want this won't change nothing, things
will keep on this way(we even have a trader as president in france who
is feed by this "new economy" myth every morning) and we'll have to obey
or die.

--
Sincerely, Stephane Ascoet