forums, mailing lists and other tools

Stephane Ascoet stephane.ascoet at univ-paris1.fr
Mon Jan 22 09:10:16 UTC 2018

Le 20/01/2018 à 09:09, White_Rabbit a écrit :
> I wouldn't call "full" a social life which cannot be lived without proprietary platforms. Maybe "fully controlled" could be a better description

Hi, I don't speak sufficiently English to understand all these little
words subtleties but it seems we're not exactly living in the same
world. Here to be sure to fully use public transports, we need to be
ultra-connected with a pocket-computer(occasionally doing badly phone
function). Same thing for going to the theatre, museum and so on. Most
organisation's local groups use gayfam services to communicate. If
you're not active on these platform, you have no chance to find a job in
the private sector, new friends, boy/girlfriend(s). By chance I work in
public sector, I'm so much busy that I don't need to find so much people
and occupations and I found a loving mate several years ago to continue
with the same examples but how would I do if I was younger in this
world? And things will become worse and worse: to find an flat, to pay
legacy taxes and so on need more and more to compromise ourselves with
these technologies. And additionally, finding ways to resist consumes a
huge lot of time, energy, money and make us pictured as nerdy and so on.
Not very good for social life...
--
Sincerely, Stephane Ascoet