forums, mailing lists and other tools

Jonas Oberg jonas at fsfe.org
Fri Jan 19 12:58:45 UTC 2018

Hi Carmen :)

> That doesn't seem quite right.  Assuming both the server software and
> the client software is proprietary, then the difference is indeed
> minimal

Indeed, and this is I guess the core of my argument: whether the
proprietary software used to interface with Google runs on my computer,
or a remote server, doesn't affect my freedom. What would affect my
freedom is if we could get Google to release -- as Free Software --
the interface that runs client side.

That's not likely to happen I suppose :-)  But it at least answers
the question of what COULD be done to affect our freedom.

--
Jonas Öberg
Executive Director

FSFE e.V. - keeping the power of technology in your hands. Your
support enables our work, please join us today http://fsfe.org/join