breaking bad habits like Doodle and Facebook with plugins?

bruno at tracciabi.li bruno at tracciabi.li
Wed Jan 17 11:16:47 UTC 2018

Daniel Pocock <daniel at pocock.pro> ha scritto:

> [...]
> One thing that comes to mind: are there browser plugins and Thunderbird
> email plugins that can help people avoid visiting or linking to things
> like Facebook, Meetup, Twitter and Doodle?
> [...]

Yes, there are.
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/leechblock-ng/
The user can select how, what and when to block (always or only on
some times/days).
How: the user must wait ## seconds before being shown the blocked
site, or the user will get blocked after ## seconds of viewing the
site, or the user will be completely forbidden from viewing the site.
As with all habits/addictions, there cannot be a silver bullet, but I
suppose this tool can help.
/b

--
https://twrh.noblogs.org ~ printf "%X\n" 44203