seeking co-mentors for GSoC projects

Daniel Pocock daniel at pocock.pro
Wed Feb 21 17:53:04 UTC 2018

Hi all,

I've listed a number of projects[1] for GSoC this year under Debian.

Most involve Python, some are Mozilla extensions (JavaScript)

Several of them involve themes discussed in FSFE recently, for example,
developing a social calendar or extending a browser plugin to help
people with free software habits (e.g. recommending alternatives to
sites like Doodle)

Not every mentor needs to be a developer: it is sufficient to be able to
provide students with some guidance about how to interact with the
community, discussing weekly goals and testing their work.

If we don't have enough mentors then it is unlikely all of these
projects would go ahead this year.

If you are interested, please feel free to reply privately or through
the debian-outreach list[2]

Regards,

Daniel

1. https://wiki.debian.org/SummerOfCode2018/Projects