forums, mailing lists and other tools

hellekin how at zoethical.com
Fri Feb 9 17:45:57 UTC 2018

On Fri, Feb 09, 2018 at 03:09:34PM -0200, Adonay Felipe Nogueira wrote:
> > I think you're speculating. Please state clearly what parts should be
> > patched (it's GPL software!).
>
> I have started a detailed review in [1]. Discourse has a revision
> currently approved in the FSD (from 2015, according to the page's
> history), but this was long before the JavaScript trap article (and
> issues pointed there) came to exist.
>
> Anyways, in [1] there is shown the output of LibreJS in a demo instance
> of Discourse. There is also a more detailed evaluation in a posterior
> section, but only raw results are there (no cleaning was made so far).

Hi Adonay, thanks for taking this up!

So what does it say? AFAIK it seems that LibreJS fails to recognize a
number of Brotli-compressed assets. But I see no non-free code over
there. What would help LibreJS to go green? I guess some licensing tag
in the HTML would help it, but apart from that I see no reason to
change the FSD approval: do you see any?

> > Well, the good thing with Discourse is that you can use it by email
> > when it's properly setup to do so.
>
> I hope it's not one of those no-reply emails. ;)

The From: email address is configurable, so you can use a no-reply
email. Actually I came to create a private category for Staff and
assign it the 'no-reply' address, so that any reply comes to that as a
new topic ; you may also assign the address to a group so it becomes
like a support email.

==
hk

--
P.S.: Awakening Territories to Life == <https://ps.zoethical.com/> ==
      GPG ID == 4CE6 4F27 9931 0403 A903  E43F 0B14 96B7 E336 03EB ==